Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept. 18 Report: A Surprise From Joe Durant

Three days ago I posted on this blog about a success from PGA Tour winner Joe Durant. I briefly discussed his career in the game and displayed the two different cards he signed for me.

Well you can imagine my surprise when, on Saturday, I found an envelope in the mailbox where my address was written on in black Sharpie -- just the address mind you, not my name.

Well I could tell it was a fairly thick so when I opened it I found seven different card signed by Joe Durant. My guess is he still had my envelope to him lying around when he came across some extra cards in his house.

So without my name on that envelope (I only had my return address on the outside of the envelope) Joe went ahead and put together another envelope to me where signed all these additional cards!

I must say this is a first for me. What an awesome gesture by a guy who had already made my day by signing the two different cards I needed for completing the 2001 Upper Deck autographed card set.

Day of the Year: 259
Number of Autographs This Year: 241

No comments:

Post a Comment