Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29 Report: Gary McCord and Joey Sindelar

I attended my very first Senior Tour (now called Champions Tour) event back in 1999 at The Dunes Club in Myrtle Beach, Calif. for the Ingersoll-Rand Senior Tour Championship.

I started collecting logo golf balls at tournaments I attended beginning here. Now I've begun to try to get them signed by the winner of the event.

And today I added Gary McCord, who won two events to date on the Tour. He's also pretty well known for his books Just a Range Ball in a Box of Titleists and Golf for Dummies. He also made a cameo in the golf movie Tin Cup. His witty sense of humor is also put to use alongside David Feherty in the video games for Tiger Woods PGA Tour golf.

Today's other success is also from the golf arena. Joey Sindelar has won seven times on the PGA Tour and is now seeing action on the Champions Tour. Prior to becoming a professional Sindelar was an accomplished amateur at Ohio State.


Day of the Year: 88
Number of Autographs This Year: 124

No comments:

Post a Comment