Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 22 Report: Olympian Bruce Jenner and LPGA Solheim Cup Player Tammie Green

First up today is a repeat of sorts as I've previously been fortunate enough to have Bruce Jenner sign for me.

Not long after he did that I learned that he was a golf nut and even played in the Pebble Beach event on the PGA Tour earlier this year.

All that added up to a perfect match to ask him if he would sign a Pebble Beach Golf Links logo ball I had gotten from the course years ago. He was gracious enough to sign again so I'm thrilled to add this to my "celebrity" golf ball collection.

My second success today is another add to my American Solheim Cup collection. Tammie Green was a seven-time winner on the LPGA Tour, including a major championship in the 1989 du Maurier.

Green -- who autographed the photo in green Sharpie -- played on two Solheim Cup teams, in 1994 and 1998.


Day of the Year: 112
Number of Autographs This Year: 160

2 comments:

  1. Bruce Jenner was famous before Keeping up with the Kardashians??? What???

    moe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only for us older folks I guess Moe :) I had a reminder a few weeks ago when my niece told me Arnold Palmer was a drink (half lemonade half iced tea). She had no idea the drink was named after the golfer -- much less that there was a golfer named Arnold Palmer.

    ReplyDelete