Friday, February 26, 2010

Feb. 26 Report: Brandi Chastain and Bruce Jenner

Today was one of those days where opening the mailbox was a real treat. First of all I received two autographs today, which put me at the 100 mark just two months into the year-long project.

But as exhilarating as that was, I'm always a bit more excited when I see there is one of my golf ball packages awaiting. And inside today's package was a signed Nike golf ball from America's most famous soccer player -- Brandi Chastain.

Not only did she take the time to sign the golf ball, but she sent a letter back talking all about how she has fallen in love with the sport and how she has been working to improve at golf.

She also discusses her favorite courses and where she likes to play. A great golf content letter to go along with the signed golf ball and 3x5 inscribed cards she has sent me previously. What an awesome person she is.

Today must have been a big Olympics day, because in addition to Chastain's signatures I also received a few from Bruce Jenner. Jenner was the gold medalist in the 1976 Olympics in the decathlon, earning him an appearance on a Wheaties box.

Day of the Year: 57
Number of Autographs This Year: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment