Friday, February 5, 2010

A Sad Note Today

A post that is a bit off topic, but one I feel compelled to make. I just learned of the passing of Bullet Bill Dudley, a Pro Football Hall of Famer and a gentleman who was warm, sincere and humble. A true legend with common man approachability.

One of his quotes from his HOF induction goes as follows: "[football was] great today, it was great years ago when it was first started here in Canton, and it’ll be greater tomorrow.” I hope anyone who was not familiar with him will take a moment to learn about his impact.

I truly appreciate the role he had in making the game great.

It seems like only yesterday -- though it was Feb. 24, 1994 to be exact -- that Bullet Bill was signing things for me and was as gracious as about any I've come across in my 5,000-plus autograph encounters.

I'll toast him tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment