Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23 Report: Billy Maxwell, Tony Galbreath and Neil Lomax

Had been wondering the last week or so about whether Billy Maxwell would respond to my autograph request. Since he lives just across town I figured I hear back from him pretty promptly, and today I was rewarded quite nicely.

I had made a custom 4X6 print from an image I had taken of the Ryder Cup and had put his name and Ryder Cup year on it. (I've done the same for several other Ryder Cuppers). Not only did he sign and return two of those prints, but he also included 2 other Pro Set golf cards of his own. How awesome is that??

I had two additional successes today -- that of former NFL quarterback Neil Lomax and former running back Tony Galbreath.

Galbreath played for more than a decade with several teams, and was on the Super Bowl XXI winning Giants team.

Lomax had a brilliant career at small Portland State (he held 90 NCAA records when he left there) before being drafted in the second round of the 1981 draft by the St. Louis Cardinals. He passed for more than 22,000 yards in the NFL and was twice selected for the Pro Bowl.


Day of the Year: 23
Number of Autographs This Year: 37

No comments:

Post a Comment