Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30: Doug Ford, Anna Kournikova, Justin Leonard and Jimmy Cefalo

Suffice it to say that I am once again addicted to the autograph collecting hobby. One of the highlights of every day now is checking the mail to see who has responded to my requests.

The mailman was late today, so that gave me the extra time to write five requests today, but more fun than that is it was worth the wait for the postman to come.

I'll start off with a great autograph for a gentleman who should most definitely be in the World Golf Hall of Fame. That is one Doug Ford, a two-time major winner and a staple on Ryder Cup teams from the mid-1950s through 1961.

He was kind enough to sign both a Ryder Cup photo and a Masters logo golf ball. A terrific add to my Masters ball and Ryder Cup collections. Not to mention I now have him before he officially becomes a HOF member.

Staying with the golf theme was a quick turnaround from PGA Tour star and 1999 U.S. Ryder Cup hero Justin Leonard. I had saved a logo ball from the 1999 Matches for more than a decade and it finally paid off. To have Leonard's signature on this ball is a must-have for the Ryder Cup collection. He is responsible for probably the most famous shot in Ryder Cup history!

Thirdly I am quite pleased to say that Anna Kournikova was a gracious signer as always. The tennis star and supermodel signed a pair of photos for me to add to my collection. Definitely shots that will find their way into a frame and will have a place on the wall. In fact I may frame her photo along with that of Natalie Gulbis for a tremendously easy to look at frame!











The fourth and final addition to my ever-growing collection was that of former Miami Dolphins receiver Jimmy Cefalo. The Penn State grad played for six season with the Dolphins and is perhaps most well remembered for his 1984 catch of a Dan Marino pass that broke the record for most touchdown passes in a season.

Day of the Year: 30
Number of Autographs This Year: 58

No comments:

Post a Comment