Friday, January 15, 2010

My 2010 Hobby Project

I've been an avid sports fan since the late 1970s, when I was old enough to earn a little allowance or lawn-cutting money and look forward to spending most of it on a few packs of football cards. it wasn't long thereafter I began collecting the autographs of my childhood sports heroes.

By the 1980s I had begun collecting the signatures of players who had played decades before and also began getting the signatures of other sports stars. Today, some 30-plus years after I began collecting football cards, I have a collection of several thousand autographs from every sport imaginable, as well as politicians, actors, actresses, models, etc.

While I haven't actively been collecting autographs for the last decade, I have gotten few and a few there. Well, in the process of organizing the vast collection, my interest was rekindled the last week of 2009. I wondered if, in 2010 I could manage to collect an autograph a day for every day in 2010.

While I realize that there will be days where I will not add an autograph to my collection, my goal is to boost the collection by 365 autographs by year's end.

So I've created this blog to track the progress and hopefully along the way share some common interests with other autograph collectors out there.

If you've found this place, thanks for checking in from time to time.

Cheers,

Mark

2 comments: