Saturday, June 12, 2010

Baltimore Orioles Post for Ryan at The Great Orioles Autograph Project

Earlier today I was reading a blog post I follow called The Great Orioles Autograph Project. As you can tell it's by a gentleman who is a O's fan. Well his post caught my attention and sent me scrambling through old boxes of golf course scorecards where I had collected signatures of baseball players on during the late 1980s and early 1990s in Florida.

Hammock Dunes was a regular stop for some alumni tournaments and I remember it was the first time I got a Pete Rose autograph as well.

Anyway Ryan had a post about Nelson Briles passing away on a golf course, which I had not heard before. I knew I had met Briles at least once at Hammock Dunes and I pulled those scorecards to see if memory served me correctly. My memory remains sharp a few decades later as I had this card signed by Briles.

Interestingly I also had a scorecard signed by another player on Ryan's post, Joe Coleman.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links. It's wild that you have autographs from two of the players I posted about. Very strange coincidence that you have Briles' autograph on a golf course scorecard, when he passed away on some golf course. Well, don't know if strange is the word for it, but its interesting,.

    ReplyDelete