Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18 Report: PGA Tour Player Matt Kuchar

I'm actually a bit curious if this autograph is legit.

The reason I question it is because I sent it to Matt on Tuesday, June 15. He lives in the same county, so it was likely delivered on Wednesday, June 16.

So he signed it and mailed back Thursday, June 17 for return to me on June 18? I guess it is possible, though I'd like to know when he left for Pebble Beach to play in the U.S. Open, which started Thursday.

Typically golfers begin to arrive at the week's course Monday or Tuesday and are definitely playing practice rounds by Wednesday.

Perhaps he just has a stack of signed cards at this house and his spouse mails them out???

I'd be curious on anyone's thoughts.

Day of the Year: 169
Number of Autographs This Year: 217

2 comments:

  1. Most likely ghost-signed. His last name is usually one long scribble. See examples on eBay:
    http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/Autographs-Original-/51/i.html?_nkw=matt+kuchar&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

    ReplyDelete
  2. ia2ca: Thanks for your opinion on the signature. Another voice confirming my thought that this one didn't pass the smell test based upon timing (as I noted in my initial post). Add on that other samples, including a Certified UD SOTT card, and it's pretty difficult to make the case that this is anything worth of display.

    ReplyDelete