Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4 Report: Former New England Patriot Ronnie Lippett and Left-Handed PGA Tour Winner Eric Axley

Well today marks another milestone. I added a pair of autographs to my ever-growing collection, and that pushed me over the 200-mark for the year. That means just 165 more during the second half of 2010 will allow me to achieve the goal of this blog project!

First up is former New England Patriots CB Ronnie Lippett. Lippett, a native Floridian who played college football at Miami, suited up for the Pats from 1983-88 and 1990-91.

Lippett recorded 24 interceptions in his career. Two of those came against Dan Marino in a 1986 game. That performance resulted in Lippett being named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Today's second success is from my latest subset, where I am trying to get signed golf gloves from every left-handed PGA Tour winner. I've made two requests to date and they've both been met quick success.

This one is from the most recent Southpaw to win on Tour, Eric Axley. Axley won the 2006 Valero Texas Open. Unfortunately he had a rough 2009 season and has lost his playing card. Hopefully he will be able to work himself back into full-time status on the Tour.

Day of the Year: 155
Number of Autographs This Year: 201

No comments:

Post a Comment