Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21 Report: Former University of Georgia Bulldogs Star and Dallas Cowboys RB Herschel Walker

Herschel Walker is one of those rare athletes you see growing up who change your perspective at what a terrific is exactly.

I first saw Walker play in college when he was at the University of Georgia. He was busy running wild over my beloved University of Florida Gators. I hated him then for what he did to UF, but you instantly knew you were watching a tremendous talent. One that changed how the game as played.

Walker, of course, went on to a fine career in the USFL before settling in the NFL after perhaps his best days were behind him.

Still he scored 60-plus TDS, including a number when he played on some very bad Dallas teams.

One thing is for sure I will never forget the first time I saw him play in person at UGa. Those are the memories I will cherish forever.

By the way, Walker has a very nice signature, and the fine-tip blue Sharpie looks great on this card.


Day of the Year: 171
Number of Autographs This Year: 218

No comments:

Post a Comment